Monday 5 March 2012

What's It All About?

So a little background. I'm 25 and I've been climbing for about 7 years and over the next 12 months I'd really like to be able to on-sight at E5.  Possibly a crazy idea when you consider the fact that at moment that I'm only an HVS leader. A saying I keep in mind when I think that I'm just being over ambitious is 'Shoot for the stars, you might just land on the moon'.

So that's where I am and this blog is about where I want to be and what I'm doing to get there. Hopefully it will be useful to others out there that want to improve and it will help me keep myself accountable. It may even be a inspiration to a few people to get out there and really push themselves to their limit.

"So why E5" I hear you ask? As with any sport, or hobby, there are always certain goals which hold a special place in your mind. For games like football it's playing for a certain team, or your country.  For me that special goal is being able to walk up to the bottom of London Wall, at Millstone in the Peak District, and on-sight it with no dramas - or in climbing talk 'cruise it!'. I'll cover the reasons why at a later date, why that route and why it has made me want to take this path, but for now you know who I am and where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment