Tuesday 13 March 2012

Pyramid Session

Really good session at Manchester climbing centre (MCC) last night with Steve. Did a pyramid of routes (sort of)

Warm up - star jumps to increase HR and use theraband to warm up muscles. Finger flicks and gentle stretching. Still feeling sore from Saturday at Malham , certainly in the deltoids from all those side pulls.

Main Session: 6a, 6a+, 6b, 6c, 6b+, 6c, 6b+, 6b, 6a climb/down climb

Finished off with stretching.

Of the 8 routes climbed, 2x6c (onsighted 1, flashed the other) and 1x6b (onsighted) were new. My foot work seemed better and I'm now taking some falls. This means I'm now climbing until I'm too pumped to climb any more or when I've totally cocked up the sequence! 

Pleased with above session, climbed on walls which I usually shy away from. They are much shorter but a little more powerful, with more emphasis on your good footwork to get over the overhangs. 

Today's plan is to get as many different routes climbed as possible (length and angle of terrain). 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment