Sunday 25 March 2012

Lancashire Limestone

Yesterday me and Hannah made a little trip up Trowbarrow. We got there late afternoon and decided that Jean Jeaine would be the order of the day.  Firstly it's just a quality route, and secondly Hannah didn't have the chance to do it last time. It's certainly a classic VS and I can't recommend it enough. 5 minute walk from the car park as well. Although the route is polished you can't really ask for much more (if you're coming back from the lakes make sure you stop off to tick this one: I promise you wont be disappointed!).

As I'd done it before I knew I'd be fine with it. Felt a lot easier than last time, although I probably should have taken some bigger gear.


Hannah getting a cheeky no hands rest just before the crux.
At the top, easy peasy.


Hannah seconded the route with total ease. You wouldn't think she hadn't been climbing for a while. It's great having her on the other end of the rope, she's really positive and encouraging while I'm leading and I know she'll keep going no mater what! Looking forward to our Dolomites trip together. We decided to call it a day after this as food was awaiting us (Hannah's Mum had kindly offered to cook us Sunday Dinner).  There were a couple of other guys climbing in the same area. The second was unable to get past the crux of A Touch of Class E2 5c.  The leader, Henry, called down and asked if I fancied a go. Of course I said yes. This was a win win situation; it meant he didn't have to abseil to retrieve his gear (abseiling is scary and dangerous despite what many people think) and I got to have a crack at the route. I managed the route and can say it's definitely 5c at the crux (wide overhang crack) but about 4c either side of it. Again another quality route.  Plus it's a lovely place to climb with views out over estuary.




Few photos of the crux moves and the easier slab above. 



No comments:

Post a Comment